Prof. N. J. Rao
N.J. Rao was the Chairman of CEDT (Centre for Electronics Design and Technology, IISc during 1981 – 1996, and Chairman, Department of Management Studies during 1998 – 2006, and superannuated as Professor at CEDT in July 2006.
He is presently a Consulting Professor at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore, a member of several committees associated with NBA, and a member of the Core Committee that defined the new Accreditation processes of NAAC. His research areas included Control Systems and System Dynamics. His present research interests include higher education, pedagogy and education technologies.
He is presently working with Department of Higher Education, Kerala for improving quality of learning in Higher Education Degree Colleges, and several engineering colleges for curriculum design, pedagogy and quality of learning. He has designed and has been conducting a wide range of faculty development programs on NBA Accreditation, Curriculum Design, Course Design, OBE, and Assessment.
Dr. K. Rajani Kanth
Former Advisor, Principal, Professor in Information Science & Engineering – M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT),Bangalore – 560 054
B E (Electrical): Govt College of Engineering, Ananthapur, Sri Venkateswara University
M E & Ph.D: School of Automation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Academic Experience (Reverse Chronological Order):
- Advisor (Academics & Research), MSRIT, Bangalore
- Principal, MSRIT, Bangalore
- Vice Principal, MSRIT, Bangalore
- Professor & Head, MSRIT, Bangalore
- Professor & Head, Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal
- Senior Scientific Officer, Center for Electronics Design and Technology, IISc, Bangalore
- Scientific Officer, Center for Microprocessor Applications, IISc, Bangalore
- Chairman and Technical Director, Electro Systems Associates Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
Services to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi:
- Former Member: Academic Senate, Staff Recruitment Committee, VIAT Implementation Committee, Faculty Advisory Committee, Finance Committee, Investment Sub-Committee.
- Former Chairman: Board of Studies in Computer Science / Information Science/ MCA, Research Review Committee in Computer Science etc.
- Continuing to serve VTU in various committees.
- As Technical Director of ESA, designed and developed a variety of Microprocessor / Microcontroller Based Products which are presently being used widely in the country; developed several Custom-Designed systems for ADA, BPL. IPA etc; and developed several developmental tools for industrial applications.
- Technical Consultant for MSRIT project on Life Cycle Cost Estimation for Defense Equipment for DRDO.
- Publications in Several International / National Conferences & Journals
- Software Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Networks, Mobile Networks.
- Engineering Education